Sterile Processing Technician
404 Not Found
Sterile Processing Technician - Online Program
- Designed for Non-California Residence and can receive Cornerstone International College Certificate of Completion.
- Only available to US and Canada Residence.
- The ONLY instructor-facilitated ONLINE STERILE PROCESSING TECH course.
- Designed to incorporate the best features of web-based learning activities and resources.
- The only training provider that provides a written guarantee for SPT national examination. * See Guarantee section below for details. *
- Flexible financing options - Payment Plan; start the program with as little as $250 downpayment.
- The ONLY school that offers Clinical Externship Assistance * (ask for more details)
- One of the lowest and competitive tuition.
Cornerstone International College offers an all-inclusive, academically based program that trains and prepares students to be a Certified Central Service / Sterile Processing Technician.
The Central Services / Sterile Processing Technician decontaminates, inspects, assembles, and sterilizes instruments and surgical trays. The technician also manages inventory control, orders supplies, inspects, maintains, delivers and retrieves equipment and instruments for the surgery suite, emergency room and intensive care units.
Instruction includes such topics as:
· Anatomy & Physiology
· Microbiology & Chemistry Related to Central Service Activities
· Communications & Interpersonal Skills
· Infection Control Procedures
· Central Services Departmental Organization & Function
· Principles of Safety
· Principles, Methods & Controls of Sterilization Processes (cleaning, processing, packaging, distributing, storing, and inventory control of sterile goods, instruments, trays & equipment)
· Medical Terminology
· Surgical Instrumentation
· Blood Borne Diseases, HIV/AIDS
Learners are strongly encouraged to complete the online course within 3 months upon registration.
1. Must be at least 18 years old
2. Must be a high school graduate or with a GED
Graduates find work as sterile processors, service aides, and related positions in health care facilities. Graduates are prepared for careers in health care central service/supply, processing and distribution, operating room and specialty areas at acute care, community care and extended care facilities. The employment requires flexibility (shift work), manual dexterity with the ability to perform repetitive tasks and good health.
The following will void your guarantee:
* Failure to meet financial obligations with the school.
* Not successfully passing the online portion of the course.
LOCATE THE NEAREST TESTING CENTER FOR THE NATIONAL BOARD EXAM BY CLICKING BELOW: (CERTIFICATION BOARD FOR STERILE PROCESSING & DISTRIBUTION)