Sterile Processing Technician
Cornerstone has exceeded my expectations. The SPT course was so much more than just going through the motions. Lab time was structured in such a way to give me time to think. The class was structured to fit my learning style which is "learn by example". I would recommend this institution to anyone. LOOK NO FURTHER!
Sterile Processing Technician(Campus)
**LOS ANGELES SATELLITE CAMPUS AND SACRAMENTO/ELK GROVE CAMPUS NOW OPEN... CALL TOLL FREE (888) 489-4334 FOR MORE DETAILS**
** LEARN ABOUT OUR ONLINE and HYBRID CLASS BY CLICKING HERE **
Cornerstone International College offers an all-inclusive, academically based program that trains and prepares students to be a Certified Central Service / Sterile Processing Technician. We are proud to be the ONLY school in the bay area that has a full skills-lab that simulate a hospital environment with real-world equipment, such as Sterilization equipment, OR Surgical tables with real surgical instruments, Inspection Table, etc. Come and visit our campus to tour the facility and classroom. Also, we allow prospective students to sit in the class for FREE for a couple of hours to get a chance to see if the class or the program is for them. Make the right decision for a better and rewarding educational experience.
The sterile processing and distribution technician decontaminates, inspects, assembles, and sterilizes instruments and surgical trays. The technician also manages inventory control, orders supplies, inspects, maintains, delivers and retrieves equipment and instruments for the surgery suite, emergency room and intensive care units.
This program prepares graduates for eligibility for the National Certifying Examination given by the National Institute for the Certification of Healthcare Sterile Processing and Distribution Personnel.
Sterile Processing Technician Program includes such topics as:
· Anatomy & Physiology
· Microbiology & Chemistry Related to Central Service Activities
· Communications & Interpersonal Skills
· Infection Control Procedures
· Central Services Departmental Organization & Function
· Principles of Safety
· Principles, Methods & Controls of Sterilization Processes (cleaning, processing, packaging, distributing, storing, and inventory control of sterile goods, instruments, trays & equipment)
· Medical Terminology
· Surgical Instrumentation
· Blood Borne Diseases, HIV/AIDS
The course training is very comprehensive, which includes the theory component and skills lab, so that an individual will succeed in the national board certification exam. In order to sit for the national board certification exam, students must pass the course with an average of 75% to receive a Certificate of Completion. With this certification, students will then be qualified to sit for the national board certification exam.
We provide the tools and the resources for our students to succeed. Our training program allows students to "digest" or process the information slowly and at an extended period of time in order to retain the necessary knowledge and skills.
After successful passing of the national board certification exam, students are eligible to apply for the externship program or clinical component.
Those enrolling in the externship program will be interviewed by our Clinical Coordinator/Facility Manager and if accepted, a preceptorship of the appropriate length will be arranged at a participating health care facility, based on clinical rotations.
1. Must be at least 18 years old
2. Must be a high school graduate or with a GED
3. Pass the background check*
4. Be able to take the drug screening*
The CBSPD (The Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc.) has a website that is very helpful for SPT (Sterile Processing Technician) students. This website has the Board Exam Dates and Test Sites, Applications, Book Orders, and much more. http://sterileprocessing.org/dates.htm
The textbook needed for this course is The Basics of Sterile Processing 5th Edition.
Please call for updated schedule.
Seating is limited. Reserve your seat now by calling (888) 489-4334.
TOP TEN REASONS TO CHOOSE CORNERSTONE'S SPT PROGRAM:
1. HIGHEST BOARD PASSING RATE - AVERAGE OF 98%
2. EXPERIENCED AND CERTIFIED INSTRUCTORS
3. EXCELLENT STUDENT SERVICES
4. BOOT CAMP REVIEW FOR THE PREPARATION OF THE BOARD EXAM
5. UNLIMITED CLASS REFRESHER
6. TUTORIAL SERVICES*
7. WRITTEN GUARANTEE*
8. RESUME WORKSHOP
9. INTERVIEW WORKSHOP
10. LIFETIME JOB ASSISTANCE*
WHEN YOU COMPARE PROGRAM COSTS WITH OTHER PROGRAMS, PLEASE CONSIDER THE BENEFITS YOU WILL BE RECEIVING FROM CORNERSTONE INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE, INCLUDING OUR WRITTEN GUARANTEE.
* Helping graduating students in obtaining employment is one of Cornerstone International College's biggest priorities. That's why anytime after graduation, you can take advantage of our career & placement program *
* After graduation, our door will always be open for you if you ever want to return to Cornerstone for training refresher or even for a review for the state exam. All these are at no cost to you! This added-value benefit of Cornerstone allows you to keep abreast with the growing trends in your field. We do our best to ensure you reach your personal goals.
If some reason you do not pass the national board certification through CBSPD after taking the national exam, you can attend a future boot camp for FREE.
Note - To attend a future boot camp for free, you need to bring your course materials.